The weather's heating up... time to spice up your date menu
Posted by The RSVP Team onThis time of year can be a little crazy thanks to a hectic combination of Christmas parties, work and family commitments, shopping and tying up lose ends before the end of the year.
It can also be a heady time thanks to balmy weather, long nights, varied social engagements, dating opportunities and the endless possibilities bubbling on the horizon of the New Year.
So if you're looking for some date idea inspiration that will get you out there embracing the warmer weather and perhaps taking things up a notch - here are some fun thought starters to spice up your dating menu.
1. Take it outside - catch an outdoor movie or concert. Whether it's moonlight cinemas, a Shakespeare production in the park or a festival event - summer nights lend themselves beautifully to outdoor entertainment.
2. Get out on the water - if you're feeling adventurous, why not sign up for a sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding or surfing lesson together.
3. Be a tourist in your own town - have a think about some of the things visitors find so enticing about where you live in summer and get out an experience it. At the very least, you're likely to fall in love with your hometown again.
4. Find the perfect spot for sundowners - it might be a pub on the water or a park bench with a view, search out the perfect setting to cool down with a drink and marvel at the twilight sky show.
5. Share a summer favourite - think about your favourite or iconic summer experiences and work these into your date plan. It might be as simple as strolling with an ice cream after dinner or perhaps getting fish and chips at the beach rather than a restaurant. What is a favourite summer treat? It will give you a talking point while providing insight into your lifestyle.
Spicing up your dates can mean planning entire dates around the warm weather or just incorporating a little summer flavour into your date plan.
Get out there - make the most of the season and invite someone to join you lap up some summer fun.
How do you spice things up in summer? Share your favourite summer date ideas below.
You need to log in to post a comment.